Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Imagine what life would be for you if you just picked up and left your current job to go and chase your dream. How would you handle that? With fear? Excitement? It would be kind of like saddling up on a horse named lightning in the great expanse of Wyoming – there’s plenty of room to run, but challenges and hidden dangers lie in the shadows and unexpected places all around you. What would cause someone to go to “that place”?
Here are some other questions:
- What would make someone leave their full time job, consistent paycheck, health benefits, retirement & “security”?
- What would make someone spend all of their savings in a year?
- What would make someone take only $6,000 in salary for a year?
- What would make someone put plane tickets on their credit card just to get to the place that would allow them to make a greater difference?
- What would make someone deny themselves a paycheck, even when those only come once a month?
- What would drive a family with their own special needs child to continue to work toward the best solution for other children in need?
One Word: Urgency – (an earnest and persistent quality; insistence.)
…so that every child has the chance to hear the gospel and grow up in a forever family.
There are 3 tangible ways we can live out this dream together:
1. Use your influence – On October 1st, we will roll out our brand new website – www.patchourplanet.org. This site will be used to equip church leaders to lead foster care and global orphan ministries. When the church leads the way, the children benefit. Would you consider using your social platform to link friends, family and ministers to our site the first week of October?
2. Pray – Nothing supernatural happens without prayer. We covet your prayers and would like to ask you to pray specifically for God to do something supernatural. We trust His timing and His plan. We sure would like to see every church in every community caring for every orphan. It’s going to take all of us praying for that to happen.
3. Invest – My wife and I committed to one thing when we decided to step out on faith three years ago. We decided that if God called us to this great work, He would fund it. So, that burden is not on us, it’s really on Him. If He directs you at some point to be a part of this work, we’d be grateful – you can Donate here. We all know that it takes resources to build a great work. And, we’d love to make you proud of your investment.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965);
British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author, Nobel Prize Winner
Making a life & living my dream,Steve Gillis Founder | Exec. Director www.patchourplanet.org Donate Here Feedback:
What could you do if there were no limits to your lifestyle, no debts, no obligations?
How can you help where you currently are?
Everyone can do something, but not everyone will do the same thing.